With a fridge full of blueberries and a house full of builders I thought it was about time to holla at Poppy's Wheat Free for her fat chewy cookie recipe.
This cookie recipe is perfection if you want that big chewy cookie that has a soft centre, best eaten when hot out of the oven.
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g dark brown soft sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 300g Blueberries (you can substitute this for something more fun like chocolate if you wish)
- Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas mark 3.
Sift together the flour, bicarb and salt together.
Cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and caster sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients. Stir in the blueberries by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking trays, with each cookie around 4 tablespoons of dough
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes